Camino Francis

PILGRIMAGE

Blessed is the one who trusts in God
And whose heart is set on pilgrimage.

Psalm 84:5

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sarria to Ferreiros 14 Kms Day 2

What a spectacular day! Fourteen Kms doesn't sound like much but it was enough for me today and I reached my intended destination for day one. My ankle is faring very well.

I shared a meal with two German ladies at the hotel last night and once again good to have company though their English was as good as my German but even so we managed to have some conversation about the Camino.

It was only 5 C when I left Sarria but the climb out of the town was enough to get the old bod warmed up.

The scenery was just awesome today and the track a great challenge in some places . Everywhere is beautifully green and the streams overflowed often across the track. I have to will myself to take in the senses of the moment: the spectacular scenery rolled out before my eyes: the spring flowers in the hedge rows: the distant call of a cookoo: the local roosters cockadoodling: the buzz of bees among the wild flowers: the twittering of the birds: breathing in the smell of fresh cow splat. I am noticing all these wonderful displays of nature and it feels good to be alive.

I was surprised how busy it is with pilgrims . I was rarely not too far away from fellow sojourners. Lots of cyclists too. Quite a few Americans this year!

I had two pit stops with great coffee and food. Barbadelo and Morgade are both very popular. That first cup of coffee was like liquid gold pouring down my throat. I love Spanish coffee.

I arrived here at Ferreiros at 2 pm. I was the first one in the alberque. Only E5 for the night. Good value. Good facilities. A meal tonight at the nearby restaurant then into my sleeping bag.















1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh I feel such wonderful feelings reading this. Im so proud of you and your adventuring heart body and soul. We are with you in spirit. Be safe and happy Xxxx