Camino Francis

PILGRIMAGE

Blessed is the one who trusts in God
And whose heart is set on pilgrimage.

Psalm 84:5

Monday, April 22, 2013

Gonza to Palas de Rei 16.5 Kms Day 4

Enjoyed the company of Bradford Ruth last night and shared the evening meal together. Stayed at a private hostel and was very comfortable (Casa Garcia) with a good restaurant attached. Was exhausted when I arrived. Thought I'd never get there! Surprisingly it was three quarters full by the end of the evening considering it is only April. I think it pays to arrive at destination by about 3 pm to ensure a bed and not end up with a top bunk!!

Made very good timing today with a couple of pit stops and a foot check. Slammed a second compede plaster on a toe. My boots are very comfortable but I have learned to take action the minute I feel a hot spot on my feet.

Walked part way with Bradford Ruth but she has gone to a different alberque tonight so may not meet again. Such is the Camino.

I am particularly drawn to the ancient miles stones and crucifixes along the Way. It reminds me of the millions of pilgrims over the centuries who have walked this same path many seeking some sense of salvation and answers to life's ultimate questions. Will this lost Christian also find the answers she seeks?

Am presently staying at an alberque in town and am on the third floor. I am sharing a four bed room with two macho Spanish cyclists. An interesting experience!

Beautiful scenery looking across green valleys and walking through more forest and woodland. Really cold first thing in morning but warms up by about 11 am.

Some pasta for tea tonight and bed by 9 pm!!
















No comments: