Camino Francis

PILGRIMAGE

Blessed is the one who trusts in God
And whose heart is set on pilgrimage.

Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

On The Way again....with a wonky ankle!

As I write I am on the train heading back to London and it looks like to sunshine again.  My head is all in a muddle about the plan to finish this Camino and after falling over and damaging my ankle I was on the brink of cancelling the whole show.

However, my foot seems to be recovering though still swollen and my ribs are very bruised.  It will be a case of  'easy does it' though that was going to be my philosophy any way.  I have never felt less prepared for a journey, either physically, mentally or spiritually.  It is going to be an interesting time.

My pack back is packed and repacked for the hundredth time and I have learned about half dozen Spanish words to get me through.

I fly out from Stansted Airport at 06.30 on Friday 19th April to Santiago airport and catch a bus (hopefully, if I can find it) to Lugo and then a bus to Sarria.  I have booked into a hotel at Sarria for Friday night and hopefully it will give me another rest day for my foot before I hit the trail.

Unfortunately I am unable to complete the Camino from Leon but I look forward to doing my best with the final 118 kms or so to reach Santiago. 

I hope you will join me in my adventures on The Way.

No comments: